Thursday, March 4, 2010

bloooooggg


Hello all other AP art blogger people. So let's see here...the glaze for the hand claw talon came out well, and the other hand I was working on with the twisted fingers is in the kiln. Because I had nothing to work on and was pretty undriven to do anything a couple classes ago, I started just making a general hand form, not really knowing where I was going to go with it. So it turns out, the hand I made was really horrible. I mean....I really hated it. I tried to fix it up a little bit...make the fingers longer, give more definition to the palm...but it just wasn't working. So I started to carve at it, just to take it in a different direction. I carved out most of it and got the idea to re-cover it up. It got a lot better, although I'm still working at it. Does anyone remember Alex's concentration pieces from last year, the apple and the pear? The ones that looked like mummified fruit? Well if not, here's a picture of the apple. The hand looks similar to it, how you can see the hollow inside, and how it looks like it's in wraps. Anyways, the fingers aren't coming together the way I had hoped...I'll probably do something different with them next class (maybe just take a few off all together?), but I really like the direction it's going so far. I'll let you all know how it turns out next week.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the hand that you are doing right now...now that you say it it does remind me of alex's concentration...are you going to put wax on the hand as well?

    ReplyDelete