Thursday, March 11, 2010

bloggin


Hello everyone. So I got the wrapped hand done pretty quickly, and now it's gone to glazing and stuff. I'm thinking just underglazes and stains, nothing special. After that I couldn't think of anything to do for another hand...kind of ran out of inspiration and was discouraged after pushing through the last hand (even though it turned out well). So I took a little ball of clay and smushed it into a barnacle shape. Then I did it like....30 more times. I'm not sure what I'll do with the barnacles yet, but Julia thought I should make a hand with barnacles on it. I liked the idea, and for some reason barnacles on a hand reminds me of sickness or disease, so I'll incorperate that into my next project. I started on that today and will try and remember to post pictures once it comes along a little more. Also, for this hand I'm really trying to focus on form first, THEN distortion. I think that will make my projects a little more refined.

1 comment:

  1. i really like your/ julia's idea. i think it would be kinda creepy, but it would be a very strong picture. so do it!! keep up the awesome work

    ReplyDelete