Wednesday, February 24, 2010

critique tomorrow!


There's a critique tomorrow and I actually have a piece done for it.......kind of. It's an old piece, so it doesn't count, but I got the glaze done for the hand-claw-talon. I was too impatient to make a test tile for the glaze, so I reaaaaally hope it turns out okay. We'll see how it goes. It came out disturbingly thick...which Ryland said was a good thing, but who knows. I put my other piece in the kiln sometime mid last week, but it didn't get fired in time. I'm thinkin my next hand will be something like this...except, you know, much much cooler. I really like the idea of making hand-bones with skin just kinda.....thrown on them. kind of decaying, but more just.....revealing? plastered onto the bones?

2 comments:

  1. haha, i hope your talon piece comes out well! i put it in the kiln on monday after school, so we'll see today!i really like your work and i think you should continue to experiment with different types of hands and their gestures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your latest piece. I really hope the bird's nest works out. The glaze you used for it really makes the piece.

    I haven't seen much of your hand work except for like two pieces. What other concepts and ideas are you having?

    ReplyDelete